The Bulldog Marching Band and Music Department are combining the scholarship/stipend applications in addition to holding all auditions on the same day. The Fresno State Department of Music Audition Day provides prospective students an opportunity to audition for department faculty and become eligible for departmental scholarships.
Auditions for the Bulldog Marching Band Winds, Bulldog Beat, Music Department Instrumentalists, and Music Department Vocalists will take place on the same day. Students who are auditioning for more than one area will be scheduled for separate audition times. You do not need to be a Music Major to apply and audition for Marching Band or Bulldog Beat Scholarship.
Audition Days will take place on:
January 31 - 8:00am to 5:00pm (Woodwind, Brass)
TBA - (Colorguard)
TBA - (Percussion Clinic)
Bulldog Marching Band Registration will take place in the University Bands Office.
Music Major Registration will take place in the Department of Music Lobby
Please park in Lot C. Click here for a Campus Map.
What is required for an audition?
1. Fill out an application and return by email or mail.
- Color Guard and Percussion do not have audition info ready at this time.
- Twirler Auditions do not have any info at this time.
2. Schedule an audition time and obtain more information by contacting the appropriate persons below:
- Bulldog Marching Band Auditions: Eileen Zacharczyp at email@example.com
- Instrumental Auditions: Eileen Zacharczyp at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Auditions: Eileen Zacharczyp at email@example.com
- 3. Prepare for your auditions
- Bulldog Marching Band and Beat: Those wishing to audition for Scholarship/Stipend opportunities need to be prepared to play any of the listed Scales and an Etude for their particular instrument.
- Percussion Audition Music: Snares - Tenors - Bass
- Instrumental Auditions: Applicants for admission should be prepared to perform one or more selections that represent your highest level of performance. An accompanist will not be provided for instrumental auditions. Students may use an accompaniment CD or bring their own accompanist.
- Voice Auditions: Applicants for admission should prepare two classical songs, one of which must be in a language other than English. Songs must be memorized and please bring two copies of your music to the audition.
Those auditioning for Marching Band Scholarships and Bulldog Beat should complete the same application. Please note that Bulldog Beat auditions for drum set, key board, and bass guitar will occur on the January 31st audition date.
Questions can be directed to Eileen Zacharczyp at firstname.lastname@example.org or (559) 278-5086.
For more information on how to Apply to be a Music Major head to http://www.fresnostate.edu/artshum/music/apply/index.html.